Many rides at Disney World are very child friendly. Often parents are confused about which rides are appropriate for babies and are unaware quite how many there are. When N and I went with A these past two times, we had so many options. All of the ones we went on or to, A has loved, so I wanted to share a park by park list of the rides and some information about them.
There are several things to remember. First, all rides give information about height restrictions and any scary aspects that may limit appropriate audiences. Second, you can always ask a cast member and they will be happy to advise you on appropriate rides. Third, there are numerous shows and attractions that are all child appropriate. This is only a list of the rides.
There may be more that I have not listed here. If so, feel free to share them in the comments, I love finding new rides that are baby appropriate.
The Magic Kingdom
Main Street, USA
- Walt Disney World Railroad – The railroad has three stations where guests can board and disembark, Main Street, USA, Adventureland and Fantasyland. It is a smooth light ride that is exposed to the elements. It is also a fun and different way to get a look at the whole park. There are even some views that can only be seen from the train.
- Astro Orbiter – I have never been on this ride as it always has a long line. It seems to be similar to Dumbo and the Magic Carpets.
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin – This is an action ride where guests spin around and shoot at targets to get the highest score. This usually has a long line. It is also worth noting that guests can choose to ride this without playing or spinning and there is still a lot to see.
- Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover – I have not yet had the chance to ride this but I have heard great things.
- Walt Disney’s Carousel of Progress – This is an indoor carousel ride. Guests enter and sit in a theater like seating area. The lights are then lowered and the carousel moves around, presenting different sides of the stage while the seating stays level. This is a great place to get shelter from the elements, nurse a baby, or just sit and relax. The show itself is very cute and was made by Walt Disney himself.
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant – This is an outdoor ride that spins around. Guests can raise or lower Dumbo via a lever as desired.
- “It’s a small world” – This is an indoor boat ride through a throng of singing animatronics representing the different peoples of the world. Many people claim to hate the song as it is very catchy (earworm prone) and repetitive. However, N and I have always enjoyed it and A loved it! The line is always rather short even if it looks like there are tons of people. I have stood in line where it was out the door but it only took 20 minutes to get to a boat.
- Mad Tea Party – This is a spinning ride where guests enter tea cups and control the speed and revolving of the teacup by spinning the disc in the middle of the cup. Even if this is not touched at all, the ride still spins around. This may make it too much for those who get dizzy or nauseous.
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh – This is an indoor ride through a Winnie the Pooh tale. It usually has a long line.
- Peter Pan’s Flight – This is an indoor ride through the story of Peter Pan. It usually has a very long line. I only ride it if I can get a fastpass.
- Prince Charming Regal Carrousel – This is a standard carousel where guests ride on horses and enjoy a smooth spin as Disney tunes play.
- Under the Sea ~ Journey of the Little Mermaid – This is an indoor ride through the story of the Little Mermaid.
- Haunted Mansion – This is an indoor ride. It is dim and at times gets completely dark. It can be loud and/or scary for little ones.
- Jungle Cruise – This is an outdoor humorous boat ride.
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin – This is a ride similar to Dumbo. Guests board magic carpets that slowly spin around and can control the height and tilt via a lever and button inside the carpet. Beware, the camel spits!
- Pirates of the Caribbean – This is an indoor boat ride. It is dim and can get loud.
- Kilimanjaro Safaris – This is a nice safari tour of the animals.
- TriceraTop Spin – I have never been on this ride but it seems similar to Dumbo, the Magic Carpets and Astro Orbiter.
- Wildlife Express Train – I have never been on this train but it seems similar to the one in the Magic Kingdom. A smooth outdoor ride that provides some special views of the Animal Kingdom.
- Ellen’s Energy Adventure – This is a 45 minute long ride. It is a slow moving sit down ride that is indoors and has moments of dark and loud noises. This can be a great place to sit and relax or nurse the baby but be aware of the length of time. There is no way to exit the road once it begins.
- Frozen Ever After – This is the newest ride to open in Epcot and is scheduled to open later this month. It is located in Norway in the World Showcase. It is the same basic ride as the old Norway ride meaning it is an indoor boat ride through a dim landscape. However the theme has been changed so that it should now be a ride through the Frozen tale.
- Gran Fiesta Tour Starring The Three Caballeros – This is an indoor boat ride. It is located in Mexico inside the Pavilion in the World Showcase. It takes guests on a tour through Mexico to find Donald Duck.
- Journey Into Imagination with Figment – This is an indoor ride, it is a tour through the Imagination Institute that gets hijacked by Figment. There are moments of dark, loud noises and a blast of wind.
- Living with the Land – This is a boat ride through the Epcot greenhouses. Guests can see all of the innovative growing methods that Epcot uses to grow the food needed for the restaurants in Disney World.
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends – This is an indoor ride through the world 0f Finding Nemo.
- Spaceship Earth – This is an indoor ride through the history of communication and the written word. It can be dark but is slow moving.
- The Great Movie Ride – This is an awesome ride! It is an indoor slow moving ride that travels through the history of movies.
- Toy Story Mania – This ride is very similar to Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.